REVIEW #44 Invincible (2021)

Invincible is an adult superhero cartoon based on the image comics series of the same name by Robert Kirkman. It follows Mark Grayson as he comes into his inherited super powers. From learning to fly, to battling super villains, this series is full of gore and violence, with bad language too.


CAST & THE VOICE ACTING (9/10)

This cast really is fantastic, Steven Yeun voices Mark Grayson and does a brilliant job at bringing an array of emotions to this character through his voice work. The other actors behind some of the voices include Seth Rogan, JK Simmons, Mark Hamill, Zazie Beetz, Zachery Quinto and the list of big names goes on an on! The entire cast do so well at injecting humour and emotion into the characters which really gets the audience invested in them. So I believe a high score of 9 out of 10 is perfectly justified here.


PLOT & THE STORYLINE (8.5/10)

I liked the storyline a lot, there are many established superheroes in this world and many different groups fighting crime and protecting the world. Without giving to much away, there is a huge twist early on in the series which immediately gets you hooked and desperate to see how it will unfold. I liked how it is targeted at adults so includes a lot of violence and gore which is good because it would show the true effects of huge superhero battles. So many deaths and so much destruction with big fights left right and centre, which is really entertaining to watch. The character relationships are also really interesting and work well which help contribute to a strong score of 8.5.


THE ANIMATION (8.5/10)

I think the animation is done very well, in my opinion it has more of a retro cartoon feel to it, which I really liked. I have never really watched a cartoon with so much gore and violence but being 23 years old now I appreciate the adult themes and it looked great. There was so much colour bursting all over the screen! The fight sequences flowed really well which I find can be the downfall for some cartoons but this wasn’t the case here. 


OVERALL (8.6/10)

I think a lot of people would be put off by the fact Invincible is a cartoon and I could possible fall under that category. But I saw the cast and how it was targeted at adults with plenty of blood and violence with strong language as well and I decided to give it a go. I am so glad I did because it was a great watch, it’s no surprise that it has been renewed for another 2 seasons because it still has so much content to show and characters to explore. I also appreciated the retro feel to the whole series and it took me back to the old school cartoons I watched as a kid, I would recommend giving this a go, I’m sure you’ll enjoy it!


Thanks for reading. 

Callan



Comments

Popular Posts