REVIEW #254 The Rig (Season 1)

The Rig follows a group of oil rig workers stranded out at seas as a mysterious fog halts any route home. Supernatural forces begin to take hold as an unknown entity starts effecting the workers.

This Amazon Prime series certainly isn’t a bad watch, but I will admit that it’s rather forgettable. It has an impressive cast of talented British actors, some you will know from Game of Thrones and Line of Duty. They all perform pretty well and I wouldn’t say there is anything to criticise on that aspect of the show. The storyline itself is an intriguing one but it failed to keep me hooked, the pacing seemed to be all over the place and consequently, I kept losing interest. Whilst I usually really enjoy a good supernatural inspired thriller, I think it struggled to find its feet in any specific genre. At times it attempted to incorporate a few horror aspects, which worked okay but I think they could have leaned into that a lot more. The cinematography was actually not too bad, I wasn’t expecting much but it looked pretty good and there are actually quite a few really nice shots that provided a nice aesthetic. So I wouldn’t necessarily recommend The Rig, if you’re stuck for things to watch there’s no harm in giving it a go but I’m sure it’ll be forgotten about rather quickly.


Overall (6/10)

Thanks for reading.

Callan

Comments

Popular Posts