REVIEW #279 Yellowjackets (Season 1)

Yellowjackets tell the story of a group of high school soccer players who survive a plane crash on their way to nationals. They come back with dark secrets that threaten their new lives.

I absolutely loved this debut season and everything from the casting to the cinematography impressed me! The story flicks between the current day and flashbacks to the girls plane crash, I must say, the casting agent deserves a pay rise because the young and old cast match incredibly well. The story itself is frustratingly good and what I mean by that is I am dying to know everything that happened but it gets drip fed to us throughout the ten episodes and even then, we still know very little! It’s a great example of fantastic storytelling that gets you hooked right from the start. It flexes in the supernatural really well and it’s the type of genre I always enjoy. It’s a must watch in my opinion, a true banger from Paramount+.

Overall (9/10)

Thanks for reading.

Callan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW #334 Wish (2023)

REVIEW #372 Clarksons Farm (Season 3)

REVIEW #54 The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It (2021)