REVIEW #335 Inside Out (2015)

11 year old Riley, moves to San Fransisco with her parents, Riley and her five core emotions; Joy, Anger, Fear, Sadness and Disgust struggle to cope with the stresses of such a life change.

Inside out was a really interesting concept for Pixar, coming to terms with one’s emotions, with the conclusion being it’s okay to be sad can be really helpful for kids growing up today, so it’s a powerful, yet enjoyable film! I must admit Sadness was really testing my nerves throughout the film but the way they U-turned that with their finale worked really well. There’s a lot of creative landscapes to enjoy and although some parts were quite predictable, I certainly had a fun time. I arrived late to this one but I’ll be looking forward to the sequel when it arrives later this year. Although I’m still not sure if I want to brave a cinema full of loud and disruptive kids again.

Overall (7.5/10)

Thanks for reading.

Callan

Comments

Popular Posts