REVIEW #342 Dune: Part 2 (2024)

Paul Artreides joins the Fremen, learning their ways and taking up revenge against the conspirators who destroyed his family.

Dune Part 2 has garnered high praise from fans and critics alike and rightly so, id go as far as to say that it’s probably a top 3 sequel of all time and it could even be the greatest. Dennis Villeneuve has been my favourite director ever since the release of Blade Runner 2049, his style and approach to movies meets my taste to perfection, the man just gets it! He returns to the world of Dune in spectacular fashion, utilising his extremely talented cast, one of the best cinematographers in the game and of course we can’t forget the greatest composer of all time (in my opinion) Hans Zimmer. Paul Artreides story continues and for those who are unfamiliar with the books, it’s perhaps not in the way some would expect but Villeneuve handles it well. The final act in particular was probably the most impressive I’ve seen from any film, my heart was pounding, I was on the edge of my seat and I just didn’t want it to end. A lot of that comes down to Chalamet who is at the peak of his abilities, he carries a scene on his back, leaving everyone in awe of his talents. Then you have the supporting cast who are matching him hit for hit! The entire film is just so immersive, the music, the cinematography, the costume design, it’s all so intense and overwhelming, I mean that in the best possible way too. This is what cinema should be, the world is hyped and the movie lives up to it. It’s damn near perfect, the second and third act are certainly, the first doesn’t quite match that perfection which is why it doesn’t have a 10 right now but that can certainly change when I rewatch.

Overall (9.5/10)

Thanks for reading.

Callan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW #334 Wish (2023)

REVIEW #372 Clarksons Farm (Season 3)

REVIEW #54 The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It (2021)