REVIEW #22 Brooklyn 9-9 (2013-Present)

So Brooklyn Nine-Nine season 7 is out on Netflix now, so I thought it was about time I reviewed it! For those of you who don’t know the show, this is a comedy sitcom set within the 99th precinct in New York. This hilarious comedy series mainly follows Jake Peralta a detective within the NYPD and the rest of his quirky colleagues as they solve crimes across New York.


CAST & THE ACTING (9/10)

I think I have to give a good score here because the entire cast are excellent comedic actors. Andy Samberg plays the lead Jake Paralta but the other cast members include Terry Crews, Melissa Fumero, Joe Lo Truglio, Stephanie Beatriz and Andra Braugher. I think this score is well justified, these characters will have you laughing from season 1 all the way through to season 7 and each actor is perfectly suited to their role. I believe the character Terry Jeffords was specifically written for Terry Crews (hence the name) so you can tell a lot of thought went into the casting. 


PLOT & THE STORYLINE (9/10)

I really enjoyed Brooklyn Nine-Nine’s take on a police sitcom, it’s extremely funny and silly and each episode is completely different because you would kind of expect a 7 series comedy sitcom to become a little stale after a while but it certainly doesn’t happen here! Also despite it being a silly comedy we actually witness some great character development which was very well written, you can see why it’s scored 95% on rotten tomatoes and 8.4/10 on IMDB. The overall storyline is easy to follow and is very light hearted but you really get invested in these characters straight away. So another great score here!


CINEMATOGRAPHY & SPECIAL EFFECTS (N/A)

Okay so I know in previous reviews if a TV show or film hasn’t used any special effects or out of the ordinary cinematography I have just given an average score. However I have felt that this can be unfair and can unnecessarily lower a score because some films or TV shows just don’t need flashy camera work or expensive special effects so in those cases I have now decided that going forward I will just give N/A. After all this is a comedy sitcom, you’re just not going to get anything worth scoring in this category. I hope you understand but let me know if you agree or disagree because if the readers would prefer me to try and give a score then I will certainly do so!


Overall (9/10)

I think this is probably one of the funniest comedy sitcoms I have watched which makes it so easy to binge all 7 seasons! There is a good story arc but the writers do so well in making every episode different which keeps the comedy fresh and exciting. I would definitely recommend this series to everyone because I’m sure you will enjoy it and it’s such an easy watch. A strong score for a really good TV show!


Thanks for reading! 

Callan

Comments

Popular Posts