REVIEW #183 Everything Everywhere All At Once (2022)

When an inter-dimensional rupture unravels reality, an unlikely hero is forced to use her newfound powers to fight bizarre and bewildering threats from the multiverse. The fate of the world is in the balance! 


Everything Everywhere All At Once used the chaos, the silliness and the creativity of the Multiverse theory to disguise a core story about love, family and the problems we all face in life. This elegant sci-fi adventure was edited to perfection and they created beautiful visuals to match the craziness of the storyline. I went into the film on the back of seeing numerous high 9’s or 10 out of 10 ratings from my fellow film reviewers and I was almost hesitant to believe that the film could be this good. However I was happy to be proven wrong, yes the film is incredibly silly at times but that absolutely works in its favour because after all, how can you do a multiverse film without being silly at times? The core characters deliver the wholesome and heart warming content, especially throughout the final act which is where everything begins to piece together. That wouldn’t be possible without the phenomenal performances from the entire cast! Michelle Yeoh is glorious, with absolutely no faults whatsoever, Ke Huy Quan is both adorable and deadly depending on what version of Waymond we’re watching and who knew a fanny pack could create such an exciting action sequence! Stephanie Hsu surprised me the most because she portrayed incredible range in her acting ability, acing every version of her character. I didn’t watch any trailers so I didn’t really know what to expect in regards to the storyline, but ultimately it’s a story about family issues and finding our place in the world, the multiverse happens to be the vehicle which brings us to that final conclusion. It has the most epic martial arts combat choreography which creates truly brilliant action sequences, some of those scenes were so creative! Finally I want to discuss the cinematography because it blew me away, my favourite scene was the first confrontation with the main antagonist, it looked fantastic and it was peak filmmaking in my opinion. Daniel Kwan and Daniel Scheinert have created something truly special, it’s 15 age rating worked perfectly and when a film can make you laugh out loud, tear up and entertain you with the most amazing action sequences, you know it’s a winner! I couldn’t recommend this film enough and I know it’s going to be overlooked by the general population so I’m going to be telling everyone I can, just how good this film is! 


Overall (9.3/10)

Thanks for reading.

Callan

Comments

Popular Posts