REVIEW #269 Scream (1996)

A year after her mother was murdered, Sydney witnesses a killer starting to take down everyone around her. Determined to catch the killer, everyone becomes a suspect in this 90’s slasher flick.

I found myself positively surprised by a horror movie for once and for it to fall into the slasher category, my fondness for the film is even more surprising! Usually I’m not a huge fan of horror and especially this specific sub genre, but Scream runs the line of ironic and self aware pretty damn well and that creates a really fun film! The cast is brilliant with a lot of famous faces that work well in brining the American high school trope to life. Don’t get me wrong, there’s still a lot of cheesy dialogue but it’s definitely intentional and it does contribute to the overall vibe of the movie. I have come out on the other side with a more open mind to a genre that I have certainly neglected over the years, that’s some achievement!

Overall (7.2/10)
Thanks for reading.
Callan

Comments

Popular Posts