REVIEW #283 The Last Kingdom: 7 Kings Must Die (2023)

Uhtred returns to finish his story as King Edward dies forcing him to return to war in order to achieve one United Kingdom. 

It was great to see the characters I love return to the screen and this time with the blockbuster treatment! However the in depth character exploration and the wonderful plot development that we loved about the show just couldn’t be translated into movie format. Everything seemed rush, the storyline just jumped and skipped crucial aspects of the story that we needed and this made it all seem incredibly disjointed. Not to mention the blow that finally brought Uhtred’s story to and end, was in a mediocre battle that simply couldn’t compete with any of the conflicts that we witnessed on the show. Now this may seem like I hated it, I didn’t, it’s watchable and my love for The Last Kingdom meant I was invested despite its flaws but to me it was a stupid decision to sign off with a movie. I’m yet to watch a single film that was made to conclude a TV show, that actually turned out better!

Overall (6.8/10)

Thanks for reading
Callan

Comments

Popular Posts