REVIEW #297 Escape Room (2019)

Lured into a state of the art escape room by the temptation of a £10,000 prize for the winner, a group of people soon realise that more than money is at stake in this game.

Going into the movie I expected another tacky rip off of the Saw franchise but I was pleasantly surprised by how it didn’t fall into the obvious trap of including cringey horror tropes. It actually felt quite unique considering its influences from other movies. I appreciated how they still managed to include some solid character development and provided enough context for us to get invested into the characters on screen. Don’t get me wrong this isn’t breaking new ground and if I’m being honest, it’s quite forgettable. Nonetheless I had fun watching it and the familiar faces help make it more enjoyable too.

Overall (6.8/10)

Thanks for reading

Callan

Comments

Popular Posts