REVIEW #336 Small Soldiers (1998)

Toy Story meets the Gremlins as Toys come to life as a result of a military micro chip and an unsuspecting family soon finds themselves victims of a war between the Gorgonites and the Commando Elites.

Small Soldiers is the ultimate nostalgia film for me, my old VHS tape was played relentlessly when I was a kid and it was one of my favourite movies growing up. Toy Story was my favourite film as a toddler so moving on to this just felt like real maturity when I was a few years older. The plot is actually quite realistic because let’s be honest, a multibillion dollar company risking lives for the sake of a few bucks by making the best new toys with military software… I wouldn’t put it past them! Small Soldiers is the ultimate 90’s film, iconic soundtrack and more than a few familiar faces and voices. If you haven’t seen this one yet then be sure to check it out, it doesn’t disappoint, but I do have nostalgia bias working in my favour too.

Overall (8/10)

Thanks for reading.

Callan

Comments

Popular Posts