REVIEW #346 Masters of The Air (Season 1)

Explores the Aerial warfare of World War 2 through the men of the Eighth airforce of the United States Army.

Unfortunately I didn’t I connect with this show as others did, I appreciated the story don’t get me wrong, the contrasting approach to Aerial warfare between the British and the Americans was hard to believe but it was all incredibly slow. The battles are repetitive, with the United States airforce just getting ripped to shreds in the daylight. I understood their intentions, it was repetitive to highlight the heavy losses. But it just didn’t work for me, despite the cinematography being really impressive at times. The cast is obviously stacked, with rising stars dotted throughout the 9 episodes and the season certainly finishes a lot stronger than it starts. The final episodes of the camps appealed to me a lot more. Nevertheless, I found it a real struggle at times, which is a shame because I had high hopes for it.

Overall (6.5/10)

Thanks for reading.

Callan

Comments

Popular Posts