REVIEW #261 See How They Run (2022)

In 1950’s London, plans for a movie based on the latest smash hit play comes to a halt as the potential director is killed. A police inspector and a rookie partner up in this whodunit in an attempt to solve the mystery.

See How They Run attempts to justify the cliche whodunit tropes by self exposing and calling themselves out directly to the audience. I can’t say I am a fan of this approach, I find it’s a lazy way a film can justify not conjuring up a new take on the genre and instead opting for the overplayed traditional route. It’s not the worst whodunnit in the world and its impressive cast can help bring a certainty degree of freshness to the genre but it certainly has nothing worth remembering. Unfortunately the humour filled with simple puns and cheap jokes just didn’t work for me and I found myself getting more bored as the film progressed, not really caring for any of the characters. The cinematography does create a number of captivating shots and the costume and set design did help bring the time period to life. But all in all I wasn’t very impressed and in my opinion it’s a movie you can skip.

Overall (5.5/10)

Thanks for reading 

Callan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW #334 Wish (2023)

REVIEW #372 Clarksons Farm (Season 3)

REVIEW #54 The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It (2021)